Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I want to be different

I have spent my entire life wanting to fit in.

I have always felt like an outsider.

An annoyance someone people just tolerate because they have to.

I always went overboard trying to do things to please others.

I get hurt a lot when I let people in because I love and care too much.  

I don't want to be that girl anymore.  I decided one Sunday morning at the alter at church I don't have to be.
  It truly doesn't matter to me if anyone likes me anymore

My people pleasing days are over. I will now be living my life to please God!

 I am not going to be mean or hurtful because that isn't how God wants any of us to truly be but my eyes are no longer on trying to please family and friends or anyone in the world around me.  I want to live to please God. I want to do what his will is for my life.  Others will be disappointed sometimes but that is part of life. I will walk in what I feel is God's will in my life. 

Two bible verses that have really laid on my heart since God spoke to my spirit:
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Peter 2:9 - But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Those who do not have Christ and many that do can't understand this concept that we aren't all meant to fit into this cookie cutter mold that some want us in. I don't agree with what some others choose to do but they answer for their choices and I answer for mine.  I am merely working out my own salvation for no one else can do that for me. When I feel God lay it on my heart to speak up or reach out to someone else I will and I am going to use what wisdom he gives me to show his love to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment