Sunday, November 30, 2014

Being a light

Sometimes this world is dark.
Sometimes its not quite beautiful.
Sometimes those around you know Jesus.
Sometimes you are the only jesus they will know.

I've read a quote about that before and can't count the times I've fallen short of living like Jesus.  But the bible tells us we all fall short but it also tells us to stand apart.

The world around us sees many church goers as hypocrites not  for what we need to show.

We need to show grace, love, joy, empathy, humility,  & boldness for others. It needs to be true and from the heart not just for show. 

We don't have to wallow in sin or agree with others choices yet we are to love. I try.

Some of my hardest conversations are when I feel called to explain my convictions. I don't want to hurt others or make them feel unloved.  I want to show God's love to others. Yet we cannot  continue as we were once we dedicate our lives to Christ. Sometimes the line feels thin as to when to speak and when to keep silent. But if we pray and let the spirit lead us we won't go astray.

I hope others bear with me as I try to let my light shine and I hope many join me sharing a love for Christ with those around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment